Household chores are boring and took up a lot of energy especially when you don’t like the routine tasks. Still, you need to do it because you want your house clean and free from viruses and odious smell. Dirt scrubbing? Gross, right?
Don’t fret! There are ways you can make household cleaning less boring and finish the routine fast by these 5 simple hacks to make household chores easier.
1. Use of Vinegar
Surprisingly vinegar tends to have a lot of uses around your house. It doesn’t only add flavor to your cooking but a proven way to remove stubborn dirt and foul smell. Mix 1 cup of water with half a cup of vinegar, and you’ll have a natural all-purpose cleaner.
Here are ways you can use vinegar to clean around your house.
- Glass Cleaner : Soak them in diluted white vinegar or use a kitchen towel and clean as usual.
- Shower head cleaner and other bathroom fixtures: Place vinegar in a plastic bag and wrap around your shower head and other bathroom fixtures overnight. In the morning, remove the bag and wipe it down to get it to sparkle.
- Countertops: Wipe clean your countertop using towel by soaking it in vinegar.
- Windows and Mirrors: Vinegar is effective in removing stubborn water spot in mirrors or windows. Use a 50/50 ratio of vinegar to the water.
- Laundry for stain removal
- Coffee Makers
2. Pick Up Broken Glass with a Piece of Bread
When you accidentally drop a glass, the first instinct is to sweep it up. Before doing this, there is an effective way of cleaning these fragments easily just by using a piece of bread. Make the bread slightly damp and use it to wipe on the floor where the shards are. The glass will stick on the bread up to the tiny bits without the danger of cutting your fingers or feet in the process.
3. Use of Lemon to Clean your Microwave
Microwaves are your go to when you want something to heat up and sometimes that causes a splatter inside your microwave. And when you neglect to clean it, in time the splatter sticks to the sides and causes your microwaves to stink. Gross right?
Here is how to effectively clean your microwave. Squeeze juice from a lemon into about half a cup of water and drop the remaining lemon in. Put the mixture into the microwave for three minutes to boil. Let it sit for five minutes, and open the microwave, remove the bowl, and wipe clean the inside and you notice the spills come off easily. Take note, lemon is also a natural deodorizer, it effectively cleans and removes stinky odor from your microwave.
4. Clean Blender in 30 seconds
Blender is a lifesaver when it comes to puree and fruit shakes, but cleaning it, taking it apart and scrubbing out the pitcher can cause a headache. Here is an effective way to clean your blender in a matter of seconds, without touching the sharp blades and scrubbing. Simply fill your blender halfway with hot water, drop a dish soap, and turn the blender on for about 10 seconds, rinse and voila you now have a clean blender.
5. Create a Homemade Neutralizer
Homemade neutralizer is easy and economical. With just simple ingredients which you may already have in your kitchen, you can create a homemade neutralizer.
This homemade neutralizer can get rid of the smell from cat litter, dog smell, and cooking.
Here are ways to create a natural deodorizer:
- Simmer a pot of 50/50 ratio of vinegar and water.
- Boil a pot of water with orange and lemon peel.
- A mixture of baking soda, lemon and water.
- ¾ cups water
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice fresh or store bought
Mix all the ingredients and whisk together. Then transfer it on spray bottle and spray around your house.
With these 5 tips, I can make sure your usual household chores will be easy. Thank you for taking the time to read this article. Please leave a comment and share this page.
Image Credit: Pixabay